Intel® Core® i7 Quad-Core 64Bit Workstations
"The Ultimate Single Processor Quad-Core Workstation"
The first of our 'Next Generation' workstation solutions, the CAD2 WS114 Series unleashes FOUR dedicated CPU cores and EIGHT execution threads into your workflow, for never before seen levels of workstation performance and stability
As 3D artists and designers push the creative boundaries of their work, they require more power and greater performance from their workstation investment. The CAD2 WS114 does precisely that and has been specifically engineered to handle complex 3D Design, Modeling and Rendering/Analysis Tasks with breathtaking speed and efficiency (particularly those that become time consuming due intense lighting/image effects). Never before has so much computational and graphics power been available in a single CPU desktop workstation.
"As professional applications become more and more feature rich, designers and VFX specialists constantly strive to obtain more power in order to streamline project workflow"
Designed around the latest Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core processor technology, the WS114 puts FOUR dedicated CPU cores and EIGHT execution threads at your fingertips, fueling unrivalled workstation performance and providing massive data throughput (Design, Rendering or Analysis). Coupled with Triple Channel DDR3 Memory, Support for up to 8GB of Workstation Graphics and over 8TB of Data Storage for the Ultimate Single CPU Desktop Workstation Experience.
The CAD2 WS114 benefits from a host of new innovative workstation technologies. These include: -
Intel® Core™ i7 45nm Native Quad-Core Processor (Code named Nehalem)
Brand New Intelligent CPU Socket Design (SKT 1366)
Intel® Next Generation X58 Workstation Motherboard Chipset
Triple Channel DDR3 Memory Support (Up to 24GB)
Intel® Quick Path Interconnect (QPI) (Replaces older FSB - Front Side Bus)
On-Chip Memory Controller (Memory is now directly connected to the processor) .
Intel ® Dynamic "Turbo Boost" Technology (Enhances single threaded applications).
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology - SMT
Shared 8MB L3 Cache
Sophisticated Power Management Features
Up to 8GB NVIDIA Quadro Workstation Graphics (Via 2x Quadro FX5800 GPU’s)
Up to 8TB of Hard Disk Storage
10,000 & 15,000 rpm Hard Disk Drive Options
and much more….
The CAD2 WS114 allows you to unleash the power of multithreaded 3D visual applications (Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema4D, Lightwave, XSI, Rhino 3D...) and take your intensive 3D projects to a whole new level of realism. So whether it's CAD/CAM Design, Engineering, Media Encoding, Image Rendering, Video Editing or Streaming, make the most from your software investment with a CAD2 WS114 Workstation.
" The CAD2 WS114 Offers Outstanding Levels of Price/Performance "
To speak with one of our Workstation specialists please contact us on +44 (0) 800 180 4801, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or to configure your own WS114 Workstation please select below.
CAD2 WS114 Workstation Specification
Microprocessors: Intel® Core i7 - Quad Core 64Bit Microprocessors
- Intel® Core i7 - Quad-Core - 8MB Level 3 Cache, 1066/1333MHz
- Microsoft® Windows™ XP Professional
- Microsoft® Windows™ XP Professional x64 Edition
- Microsoft® Windows™ Vista™ Business
- Microsoft® Windows™ Vista™ Business x64 Edition
- Microsoft® Windows™ Vista™ Ultimate
- Microsoft® Windows™ Vista™ Ultimate x64 Edition
- Intel® X58 Express / ICH10 R
- From 1GB to 24GB of DDR3 1333/1600MHz High Performance Memory
- Triple Channel Interleaved Memory Banks
- Six DIMM Slots Available
- Maximum Memory Bandwidth Performance up to 32.0GB/Sec
- VISION SERIES
- ATI™ FireGL™ V Series - V3600 256MB - Entry Level (2x DVI, Dual-Link)
- ATI™ FirePro™ V Series - V3700 256MB - Entry level (1x DVI, 2x Display Port)
- ATI™ FireGL™ V Series - V5600 512MB - Mid Level (2x DVI, Dual-Link)
- ATI™ FirePro™ V Series - V5700 512MB - Mid level (1x DVI, 2x Display Port)
- ATI™ FireGL™ V Series - V7600 512MB - High Level (2x DVI, Dual-Link)
- ATI™ FireGL™ V Series - V7700 512MB - High Level (1x DVI Dual-Link + 1x Display Port)
- ATI™ FireGL™ V Series - V8600 1GB - Ultra High (2x DVI, Dual-Link)
- ATI™ FirePro™ V Series - V8700 1GB - Ultra High (1x DVI, 2x Display Port)
- ATI™ FireGL™ V Series - V8650 2GB - Ultra High (2x DVI, Dual-Link)
- ATI™ FireGL™ Multi-Card Configurations Available
- IMAGINE SERIES
- NVIDIA Quadro® FX Series - FX370 256MB - Base Level (2x DVI, Dual-Link)
- NVIDIA Quadro® FX Series - FX570 256MB - Entry Level (2x DVI, Dual-Link)
- NVIDIA Quadro® FX Series - FX1700 512MB - Mid Level (2x DVI, Dual-Link)
- NVIDIA Quadro® FX Series - FX3700 512MB - High Level (2x DVI, Dual-Link)
- NVIDIA Quadro® FX Series - FX4800 1.5GB - Ultra High (2x DVI, 1x Display Port)
- NVIDIA Quadro® CX Adobe CS4 1.5GB - Specialist (2x DVI, 1x Display Port)
- NVIDIA Quadro® FX Series - FX4700 X2 2GB (2x 1GB) - Ultra High (4x DVI, Dual-Link)
- NVIDIA Quadro® FX Series - FX5800 1.5GB - Ultra High (1x DVI, 2x Display Port)
- NVIDIA Quadro® SLI & GenLock/FrameLock Configurations Available
Hard Disk Drive(s)/Local Storage:
- Up to 6x SATA 3GB/s Data Hard Drive Ports
- Support for Both 7,200rpm & 10,000rpm Hard Disk Drives
- 80GB to 1,000GB (1.0TB) 7,200rpm
- 74GB to 300GB 10,000rpm
- Optional 15,000rpm SAS Hard Disk Options Also Available
Ports & Connectivity:
- Front: 2x USB2.0 Ports, 1x IEEE1394 Port, 1x Mic In, 1x Audio Out
- Rear: Up to 10x USB2.0, 1x IEEE1394, Audio In, 1x Audio Out, 1x Mic In, RJ45 Gigabit LAN
- Dual Layer +/- DVD/RW Drive
- Optional Blue Ray ReWritable Drive
- Optional USB Floppy Disk Drive
- Optional Multi-Format Digital Memory Card Reader
- Display: Configurable with up to 2x Dual-Link DVI Displays (up to 3840 x 2400 resolution)
- Keyboard: Standard Logitech compact USB Keyboard (Wireless Options Available)
- Mouse: Standard Logitech RX300 Optical USB Scroll Mouse (Wireless Options Available)
- Audio: High Definition Integrated Audio (Alternative Options Available)
- High Quality Black/Silver ATX Workstation Chassis
- Up to 4x 5.25" Expansion Bays
- 1x 3.25" Expansion Bays
- Up to 6x 3.25" Expansion Bays (Internal)
- From 430W to 1.5Kw Power Supply (Optional Modular Designs Available)
To design your own WS114 workstation or to speak with one of our Workstation System Specialists, call us on +44 (0) 800 180 4801, e-mail email@example.com or configure below.
* Images for Illustration Purposes Only - Subject to Change Without Notice
Alternative/Custom Chassis Designs Also Available. To design your own bespoke workstation or to speak with one of workstation system specialists, please call +44 (0) 800 180 4801 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Excerpt From Digital Arts Review
"The DQX-SE is built around two quad-core Xeon X5460 processors, which run at 3.16GHz. In our CPU based Cinebench R10 rendering test, the scores were the best we've seen"
"Where the DQX-SE wins overall is with the inclusion of AMD's ATI FireGL V8600 Graphics Card"
In our Adobe After Effects and Photoshop tests, again the performance was the best we've seen with performance in creative applications that everyone would love to have.
In summary, if your 3D or VFX demands spending up to £4,000 on a workstation, then the CAD2 DQX-SE is an excellent choice
Excerpt From MCAD Workstation Review
"COLOSSAL AND POWERFUL are probably the best adjectives to describe CAD2’s new VISION DQX workstation"
"What this latest technology means CAD2’s VISION has eight of the fastest CPU cores currently available, making it an absolute dream machine for users of multithreaded applications.
The VISION DQX ripped through our 3ds Max rendering tests and should offer similar benefits for CFD and FEA studies, particularly when analysing multiple design iterations concurrently.
All of this cutting edge processing technology is backed up with one of the most powerful professional graphics cards currently on the market. ATI’s FireGL V8600 is an ultra high-end card featuring 1GB of on-board GDDR4 memory.
In summary, the Vision DQX is a beast of a machine, both in terms of size and performance. The raw computational power on tap for multithreaded applications is astounding and the ultra high-end graphics card provides plenty of power with which to manipulate enormous data sets fluidly.
CAD2 has years of experience catering
specifically to the creative industry, and
clearly the company knows a thing or two
about how to actually build machines for
this market. Before we get to the
specification, which is striking, or the
performance, which is spectacular, it's
worth considering the build quality on offer
here. The cables have been routed sensibly
through the tower case to make for a
machine that is a joy to open.This is a whisper-quiet system
using high-quality parts. The decision to opt
for the highest-quality gear is also evident
in the performance of the workstation in
daily use."A powerful machine in every respect, but so quiet that you'd
barely know it's on – and it won't even cost you the earth" The performance is impressive, but
ultimately it's the added care and attention
that elevates this machine onto the
winner's podium. The quietness of the
system in everyday use will make it a joy to
be around, and the smart design means it
won't be problematic to upgrade.
The IMAGINE X64 is a compact, quiet workstation with a clean and simple design. It’s surprisingly capacious for such a small case, with three optical drive bays and four hard drive bays
This unit performed admirably in our Photoshop and After Effects CS3 tests, slightly faster than we’d expect considering the spec/price. It has a 20x DVD±RW drive and the included Logitech S510 keyboard/mouse combo is a great choice.
Using a complex scene in Maya, the FX 1700 took just 77 seconds to fly a camera through it. This is a lot better than you’d expect from a mid-range system; when compared to a high-end model.
The IMAGINE X64 is an Excellent Model!
The IMAGINE X64 is certainly an attractive proposition for those already working
with multithreaded FEA, CFD or rendering applications and also provides an excellent platform on which to build concurrent engineering work flows. When Budgeting for a New Workstation, Processing Speed, Memory and Graphics, typically take precedence over Hard Drive Performance. But a New Workstation from CAD2, which features a much more Cost Effective and Fast Hard Drive Sub-System could make you think again.
Image rich applications like CAD require powerful graphics handling applications and this is provided in the ATI FireGL graphics sub-system that has offers lightning fast dedicated memory, which is ample for the most demanding CAD applications. "
CAD2's X64 Vision Pro is a bespoke Pentium 4 equipped workstation featuring excellent build quality and the latest high end Workstation Graphics Card. Created specifically for the 3D CAD and DDC markets, the C3 review team had a hard time letting go of one of the highest specification and best value workstations we've seen.
The QX64’s power is bolstered by a well thought-out system of hard drives
This IMAGINE QX64 is an excellent workstation
Inside the DQX is a top notch set of components, including two of the best quad core processors in the worlds, 4GB of RAM and an NVIDIA Quadro FX4600 Graphics Card.
Graphics cards are an important part of any computer system, and for 3D graphics they are even more so. The graphics card featured in this CAD2 Workstation is, without question, the fastest card we’ve come across.
The workstation provides an excellent platform for CAD users and this is reflected in
the benchmark results where the machine delivered solid results across all applications
With CAD2’s Imagine Q64, you’ll not only be buying a machine that can satisfy your requirements today, but well into the future as your needs grow
This is a small price to pay for cutting edge performance which the Imagine QX64 has in abundance,
making incredibly light work of scan line rendering in 3ds Max 9 and hardly raising an eyebrow when
setting to work on concurrent cutting path calculations in Delcam’s PowerMill.
As always, CAD2’s attention to detail is exemplary - the chosen Silverstone chassis is classic
in design and solid in construction and the system is put together with evident love, without a
stray cable in sight.
CAD2 have produced yet another excellent workstation.
For the latest CAD2 workstation reviews, please visit our press room. Click Here
We have now changed our brand name to Workstation Specialists. More...